皇冠体育官网's School Nurse
Welcome to the webpage for 皇冠体育官网’s School Nurse, Mrs. Katie Collier. Katie is a 2008 graduate of 皇冠体育官网 and holds of Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from Georgia Southwestern State University. Prior to becoming 皇冠体育官网’s school nurse in 2020, Katie served as an emergency room nurse with Navicent Health since 2013.
Katie’s husband, Brett, serves as an 皇冠体育官网 football and wrestling coach as well as teaches high school weights class. The Colliers have two beautiful daughters, Maddie and Mollie.
To contact 皇冠体育官网’s School Nurse, Katie Collier, call 478-342-2458 or email email@example.com.
Updated Quarantine & Return to School Guidelines
Updated December 31, 2021
Please see below for details regarding updated guidelines for returning to school after a positive test or exposure:
If your student tests positive for FLU or COVID and has symptoms, he or she may return to school when:
- At least 5 days* have passed since symptoms first appeared AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved
If your student tests positive for FLU or COVID and has NO symptoms, he or she may return to school when:
- At least 5 days* have passed since the positive laboratory test AND
- Your student remains asymptomatic
- Note, if your student later develops symptoms, you should follow the guidance for symptomatic persons above
* If returning to school earlier than 10 days, your student should continue to wear a mask around others and do their best to maintain social distancing for the remainder of the 10 days since symptoms started (if initially symptomatic) or the remainder of the 10 days since the positive test (if your student has remained asymptomatic).
If you feel your student has been exposed:
- Communicate with Nurse Katie Collier that your student may have been exposed;
- Wear a mask for 10 days at school;
- If symptoms occur, stay home, get tested.